MetaLocator includes a new option that allows automatic searching based on the visitor's location and is responsive to dragging and zooming the map. This option is un-glamorously referred to as "Lazy Load Results", and is found by selecting Interfaces, the name of your Interface, then expanding the Data Settings group. It is an improvement upon, and not compatible with, the "Pan Search" option. Notice that the results load in based on the map movements and Category selections. [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][video width="1234" height="884" mp4="http://www.metalocator.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/pansearch.mp4"][/video] It works especially well when used in combination with AutoFind as explained below. There are a few settings used with this new option that impact its behavior:
- Data Settings > Lazy Load Results: This is the main option that enables this behavior. Set this to "Yes".
- Geolocation Settings > Autofind user and display results?: Set this option to "Yes" to have the map placed near the user's auto-detected results.
- Geolocation Settings > Autofind Radius: This figure controls the maximum radius that results will be pulled in automatically by the "Autofind user and display results" option. If "AutoFind" is enabled, and a user loads the interface outside this radius, they will be automatically re-positioned to see the nearest results. Hint: The system will display all results up to the Data Settings > Maximum number of Results Per Page of Search Results value. Increasing that figure to a value greater than the total number of locations in your database will cause all results to be displayed in this scenario.
- Map Settings > Show Empty Map: If the user drags the map into an area and zoom level with no results, the system may hide the map if this option is not set to "Yes".
- Form Settings > Show Search Result text before search?: This displays a status bar with information about the number of results. Be sure to set this to "Yes". It also includes a link to jump to the nearest result if the user pans and zooms away from all of your locations.