Google recently switched to a pooled quota their Google Maps API used without an API key. As a result, you might see this error: This error indicates that you are using Google Maps without an API key. There are two solutions to this problem:
- Switch to Leaflet Maps: This option causes your interface to use a different mapping library. The behavior and functionality is identical except the map tile imagery comes from another provider.
- Obtain a Google API Key: With this option you can continue to use the Google Maps API with your own individual map view quota.
Switching to Leaflet
- Log in to your MetaLocator account, and choose Interfaces. Click the name of the Interface in question.
- Under Map Settings, set Map Vendor to Leaflet. Click Save & Close.
Obtain & Configure an API Key
- Visit this link and click "Get a Key" as shown below. A Google account is required for this step.
- Once obtained, the key will be a long alphanumeric string. Add that under Advanced Settings > Google API Key
- Click Save & Close.