This article covers the SMS Interface settings. These settings should be implemented with the help of a MetaLocator support technician. SMS Interfaces are available to subscribers to our SMS Locator service.
- SMS Number: Enter the phone number associated with this Interface. This number must be configured by a MetaLocator technician in Twilio.
- Search Results Message: This is the message header and is displayed at the top of the search results. It requires two placeholders (%s) as the number of locations and the distance value.
- Result Template: This is the format used to render each location result
- Legal Business Name: This is appended to the end of each message and should include the business legal name.
- SMS Message Footer: This is the message footer and is displayed at the end of any messages sent by the system.
- No Results Message: The text to display when no messages are found.
- Number of results to include: The total number of search results to include in the text message.
- Interface for Search Rules: The Interface to use for search settings (e.g. Data settings).
- Search Radius: The default search radius. Use a numerical miles value or 'nearest'
Handling phone calls to the SMS NumberWhen a user calls the SMS number, the response is a Twilio "please configure your statement" statement. To customize this:
- Click Runtime in the left main navigation (may be hidden under "All Products & Services")
- Click Twiml Bins in the subnav
- Create a new Twiml Bin, or use the existing twiml bin. If you're creating a new Twiml bin, copy the TWIML from the existing "Default Not Here" and modify as needed
- Click Numbers and the phone configured above.
- Configure as shown, selecting the desired Twiml Bin: