When MetaLocator initializes a retailer for a given brand, all products from that brand available from the retailer are considered. Whether its a crawler, API integration or data feed, MetaLocator requests all products for the brand available from that retailer. The request process typically leverages an existing search system on the retailer's Web site or API. This request commonly returns all products from a brand, including:
- Current, valid products
- Refurbished products
- Used or parts-quality products
- Off-brand replacements
- And so forth...
- AutoMatch: When the SKU matches exactly between the retailer and manufacturer and other similarities provide the highest level of match confidence (100% confidence)
- KeyMatch: When one or more secondary keys, such as the UPC, MPN, Model Number and other similarities provide a very high level of match confidence (95% or better confidence)
- IntelligentMatch: When keys are not available from the retailer, a heuristic process leveraging a descending stack of match methodologies is used to match products. Lower confidence matches in this category may also be passed on for manual matching. (80-94.9% confidence)
- ManualMatch: When all automated methods are exhausted, the remaining list of products from a retailer are passed to our research staff. Researchers review each unmatched product and determine if a corresponding manufacturer product exists.